SF BUILD (Building Infrastructure Leading to Diversity) is a project funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) led by SFSU and in partnership with UCSF. The objective of the BUILDing Bridges to Biomedical Careers Program is to enhance diversity in the life, physical, clinical, behavioral, and social sciences of the biomedical workforce.
How will the BUILDing Bridges program benefit me in my career?
- Support your transition from undergrad to graduate/professional school in the biomedical field (e.g. Master’s, PhD, MD/PhD, MD, MPH)
- Match you with research opportunities relevant to local communities at SFSU and UCSF
- Supply financial support for academic and professional development activities
- Provide networking, peer mentoring, and community building
- Completion of undergraduate degree
- Currently enrolled in a master’s program at SFSU, or intent to pursue graduate or professional school within 1-2 years
- Interested in research to address and eliminate health disparities
- Able to participate in the program for 1 year and start August 2019
How to Apply
1. Prepare your supplemental materials.
To complete your application, you will need to upload:
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose
- Proposed Budget
Learn more here.
Your next step is to complete the application!
The Application for 2019-2020 is now open.
Applications due July 1st.
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Yazmin Carrasco at firstname.lastname@example.org.