Accepting Applications Now!
About the Program
SF BUILD is looking for a full-time Program Assistant to provide administrative and logistical support to the NIH funded SF BUILD Project. The mission of SF BUILD is to enhance diversity of the biomedical research workforce by transforming classroom and research environments at SF State and UCSF into affirming and socially inclusive spaces where students, faculty, and staff can safely represent different backgrounds and perspectives. Our work is grounded by a psychosocial model developed by SF BUILD that validates the experiences and personal values of historically underrepresented groups in science to support their professional development as agents of change.
About the Position
Under general direction of the SF BUILD Assistant Director, the SF BUILD (San Francisco Building Infrastructure Leading to Diversity) Program Assistant provides administrative support functions to the SF BUILD Program Leadership Team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting the SF BUILD Leads with purchase orders, coordinate travel arrangements for faculty and student to conferences, which includes communication with hotel and airline companies. In addition, the SF BUILD Program Assistant will be responsible for preparing and delivering documents to the appropriate department/ personnel for further processing; such as students and faculty reimbursement form for expenses related to the grant by following university policy and procedures. Furthermore, the SF BUILD Program Assistant will provide support to BUILD program coordinators and the BUILD Assistant Director to coordinate schedules and events for faculty and students.
Administrative Support with direction by Assistant Director:
- Assist with purchase orders for SF BUILD Program for instance office supplies, event supplies and other special even project items
- Prepare University documents such as travel reimbursement, honorarium, direct pay and other expense reimbursement forms by following policies and procedures and deliver University documents to the appropriate department/ personnel for approval and further processing
- Plan, organize and set up regular SF BUILD meetings and coordinate standing committee and other special events, includes scheduling, making reservation and record minutes for all the meetings
- Coordinate special events and conferences, includes scheduling and making travel arrangements for faculty and student to attend conferences
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalent and several years of related office work experience.
- Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
- Comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Thorough knowledge of office systems and expertise in using office software packages, technology and systems. May function as the office information technology specialist. Ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is a prerequisite.
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
- Ability to interpret and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to act when precedents or specific guidelines do not exist.
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
- Ability to understand problems from a broader perspective and anticipate the impact of office administration problems and solutions on other areas.
- Ability to analyze operations and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track and analyze financial and/or budgetary data, and make accurate projections requiring some inference.
- Ability to effectively write and present own reports.
- Ability to effectively handle interpersonal interactions at all levels and handle highly sensitive interpersonal situations.
- Ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects
Click on the following link to apply to Job #9981:
To find posting:
- Under Basic Job Search, search for the keyword "SF BUILD Program Assistant"
- Under Advanced Search, search for Job Opening ID 9981