How to apply:
1. Make sure you meet the NIH Guidelines
SF BUILD is funded by a National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant to enhance diversity of the biomedical research careers. **NIH-funded biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social sciences (collectively termed "biomedical") research careers. Therefore SF BUILD must follow the relevant NIH rules and guidelines for selecting scholars. Thus scholars are required to be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and contribute to NIH's interest in diversity. Please click here to review NIH's Notice on Diversity.
In addition to the guidelines above, please consider the following selection criteria:
- You are an undergraduate student at San Francisco State University
- You are interested in research in the biomedical sciences. **biomedical = biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social sciences
- You are willing to commit to participate in the program from June 12, 2017 - August 18, 2017
- You are willing to commit to participate in the program for one or two academic years after the summer session (Fall 2017 - Spring 2018 and/or Fall 2017- Spring 2019, including Summer 2017)
Applicants do not need prior research experience!
2. Ready to apply?
The Application for 2017 is here. Apply now! Application deadline extended. Applications are now due March 13, 2017.
1. Applications for 2017-18. Click Here
2. Once you have completed the application above, please download the SF BUILD Scholars Recommendation Form. Please have 2 recommenders.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- Teaster Baird: SF State Faculty, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry: email@example.com
- Carmen Domingo: SF State Faculty, Department of Biology: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barbara Ford: SF BUILD Student Training Coordinator: email@example.com
Be sure to follow us on Twitter for the latest announcements on the student scholar program!