How to apply:
1. Make sure you meet the NIH Guidelines
SF BUILD is funded by a National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant to enhance diversity of the biomedical research careers. **NIH-funded biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social sciences (collectively termed "biomedical") research careers. Therefore SF BUILD must follow the relevant NIH rules and guidelines for selecting scholars. Thus scholars are required to be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and contribute to NIH's interest in diversity. Please click here to review NIH's Notice on Diversity.
In addition to the guidelines above, please consider the following selection criteria:
- You are an undergraduate student at San Francisco State University
- You are interested in research in the biomedical sciences. **biomedical = biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social sciences
- You are willing to commit to participate in the program from June 11, 2018 - August 17, 2018
- You are willing to commit to participate in the program for one or two academic years after the summer session (Fall 2018 - Spring 2019 and/or Fall 2018- Spring 2020, including Summer 2018)
Applicants do not need prior research experience!
2. Ready to apply?
The Application for 2018-19 is closed. Please check back in the spring of 2019 for the next applicatio
1. Complete Application
2. Once you have completed the application above, please have 2 recommenders fill out the Letter of Reccomendation Form.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- Teaster Baird: SF State Faculty, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cathy Samayoa: SF BUILD Program Administrator: email@example.com
- Micheala Perez: SF BUILD Program Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org