The Application for 2019-20 is now closed.
Please check back to this page between January - March 2021 for details on the next application cycle.
How to apply:
1. Make sure you meet the NIH Guidelines
SF BUILD is funded by a National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant to enhance diversity of the biomedical* research careers. Therefore, SF BUILD must follow the relevant NIH rules and guidelines for selecting scholars. Thus, scholars are required to be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident and contribute to NIH's interest in diversity. Please click here to review NIH's Notice on Diversity.
In addition to the guidelines above, please consider the following selection criteria:
- You are an undergraduate student at San Francisco State University
- You are interested in research in the biomedical sciences (biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and/or social sciences)
- You are willing to commit to participate in the program from June - August
- You are willing to commit to participate in the program for one or two academic years after the summer session (for example, Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 and/or Fall 2019- Spring 2021, including Summer 2019)
Applicants do not need prior research experience!
*Biomedical includes biomedical, behavioral, clinical, and social sciences (collectively termed "biomedical")
2. Ready to apply?
How to Apply:
1. Complete Application
2. Once you have completed the application above, please have two recommenders fill out the Letter of Recommendation Form.
All Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Unofficial transcript
- Two letters of recommendation (submit letters here)
- If accepted, proof of health insurance
If you have any questions, please contact us:
- Teaster Baird: SF State Faculty, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cathy Samayoa: SF BUILD Program Administrator: email@example.com
- Micheala Perez: SF BUILD Program Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org