Apps closed June 1st, 2022. See you again next year!
Goals of the SF BUILD Merck Scholarship
- Provide an academic scholarship for students who are engaged in biomedical research projects that impact community health to access
- Provide students with travel funds for conference opportunities pertaining to biomedical research that impacts community health.
- Provide professional development for students in biomedical sciences who are engaged in social justice work
- Connect students to a wider network of professionals and students working to support social justice in biomedical science
How will the SF BUILD Merck Scholarship benefit me in my career?
- Supply financial support for academic and travel expenses for conference opportunities
- Provide networking, peer mentoring, and community building
- $2,000 award
Program Requirements and Expectations
- Participate in one AoC workshop or asynchronous online module
- Complete an essay reflecting on the impact of this scholarship on your academic path at the end of the semester.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or master’s student at SFSU in a biomedical major
- Intent to pursue graduate or professional school within 1-2 years
- Interested in biomedical research relevant to community health
- Committed to social justice through the use of science
- Currently involved, or previously participated, in supporting community engaged research.
2. Complete the Supplemental Questions on Academic works
Applications were due June 1, 2022. Feel free to reach out to Carol Umanzor at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.