Apps closed on October 17, 2022.
Goals of the SF BUILD Merck Scholarship
- Provide an academic scholarship for students who are engaged in biomedical research projects that impact community health to access
- Provide students with travel funds for conference opportunities pertaining to biomedical research that impacts community health.
- Provide professional development for students in biomedical sciences who are engaged in social justice work
- Connect students to a wider network of professionals and students working to support social justice in biomedical science
How will the SF BUILD Merck Scholarship benefit me in my career?
- Supply financial support for academic and travel expenses for conference opportunities
- Provide networking, peer mentoring, and community building
- $2,000 award
Program Requirements and Expectations
- Participate in one AoC workshop or asynchronous online module
- Complete an essay reflecting on the impact of this scholarship on your academic path at the end of the semester.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or master’s student at SFSU in a biomedical major
- Intent to pursue graduate or professional school within 1-2 years
- Interested in biomedical research relevant to community health
- Committed to social justice through the use of science
- Currently involved, or previously participated, in supporting community engaged research.
2. Complete the Supplemental Questions on Academic works
Feel free to reach out to Carol Umanzor at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.