Applications closed on October 9, 2021. See you next year!
How will the BUILDing Bridges program benefit me in my career?
- Support your transition from undergrad to graduate/professional school in the biomedical field (e.g. Master’s, PhD, MD/PhD, MD, MPH)
- Match you with biomedical research opportunities relevant to local communities at SFSU and UCSF
- Supply financial support for academic and professional development activities
- Provide networking, peer mentoring, and community building
- Completion of undergraduate degree
- Currently enrolled in a master’s program at SFSU, or intent to pursue graduate or professional school within 1-2 years
- Interested in biomedical research relevant to community health
- Able to participate in the program from November 1, 2021 - August 31, 2022
How to Apply
1. Prepare your supplemental materials.
To complete your application, you will need to upload:
- Resume or CV
- Statement of Purpose
- Proposed Timeline
See below for more information.
Your next step is to complete the application!
1. Resume or CV (.PDF or .DOC)
A resume template can be found here (.DOC).
2. Statement of Purpose (.PDF or .DOC)
The goal of the BUILDing Bridges to Biomedical Careers Program is to support current SF State Master's students or recent college graduates as they transition into graduate/professional school programs in pursuit of careers in biomedical research relevant to local community health. Please write a Statement of Purpose describing your career goals, research experience, and how the BUILDing Bridges program can help you attain those goals. (1500 word limit)
3. Proposed Timeline (.PDF or .DOC)
As a BUILDing Bridges Scholar, you are expected to complete a deliverable towards your goals for the BUILDing Bridges Program. This can be the submission of applications to graduate/professional school programs in the biomedical field, the submission of applications for additional funding to support your current or future studies in biomedical research, or others. Please prepare a detailed timeline describing your goals for the BUILDing Bridges Program and an outline of your steps toward achieving your goals as a BUILDing Bridges Scholar. Your timeline should span the programmatic year from November 1, 2021 - August 31, 2022.