Applications closed on March 18.
Goals of the SF Build Merck Scholarship
- Provide academic scholarship for students who are engaged in biomedical research projects that impact community health access
- Provide students with travel funds for conference opportunities pertaining to biomedical research that impacts community health.
- Provide professional development for students in biomedical sciences who are engage in social justice work
- Connect students to wider network of professionals and students working to support social justice in biomedical science
How will the Merck Scholarship benefit me in my career?
- Supply financial support for academic and travel expenses for conference opportunities
- Provide networking, peer mentoring, and community building
- $1,000 -$2,000 award
Program Requirements and Expectations
- Participate in one AOC workshop or asynchronous online module
- Complete an essay reflecting on the impact of this scholarship on your academic path at the end of the semester.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or master’s student at SFSU in a biomedical major, or recently graduated from SFSU within 1 year.
- Intent to pursue graduate or professional school within 1-2 years
- Interested in biomedical research relevant to community health
- Committed to social justice through the use of science
- Currently involved, or previously participated, in supporting community-engaged research.
How to Apply
1. Create account and fill out general application on Academic Works
Use the button below to find the scholarship opportunity on the Academic Works website.
2. Complete the Supplemental Questions on Academic works
Applications are due March 18th, 2022. Feel free to reach out to Carol Umanzor at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.