Updates (Spring 2024)
Open date and deadline update
Deadline change- separate deadlines for new and renewing applications
Competitive Renewals continue
Upcoming due dates:
New Applicant Deadline: Feb 12, 2024
Renewal deadline March 4, 2024
Goals of the AoC Fellows Program
- Provide 4 months of funding for students who are engaged in transformative biomedical research projects that impact community health
- Provide professional development for students in biomedical sciences who are engaged in radical social justice work
- Connect students to a wider network of professionals and students working to support social justice in biomedical science
How will the AoC Fellows program benefit me in my career?
- Support your academic and career trajectory in the biomedical field (e.g. Master’s, Ph.D., MD/Ph.D., MD, MPH)
- Supply financial support for academic and professional development activities
- Provide networking, peer mentoring, and community building
- Stipend award
$7K for Grad and Post Bac Fellows
$5K for Undergraduate Fellows
Fellow Program Requirements and Expectations
Participate in one AOC workshop a semester
Complete 4 reflections through iLearn
Culminating report back project (ie. final reflections, social media post)
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or master’s student at SFSU in a biomedical major or recently graduated from SFSU within 1 year.
- Intent to pursue graduate or professional school within 1-2 years
- Interested in biomedical research relevant to community health
- Committed to social justice through the use of science
- Currently involved in supporting community-engaged biomedical research.
Fellows who complete all the term requirements and expectations will be eligible to apply for renewal for 1yr or 3 terms total.
Renewals will be competitive due to budget constraints and are not guaranteed.
How to Apply
Students who are already working on a community engaged biomedical research/project with a UCSF or SFSU faculty member can also apply through the link below.